Wednesday, June 28, 2006 : 12:12 PM

Queen of the Night tea

Yep, I made some.

The fragrance is unique. It's not as strong as a gardenia, but it is just as memorable. So, last night, when folks were hanging out because of the flowers (see Flower Power), I joked in saying that I wanted to try making tea out of it. A Chinese friend chimed in that they do make tea with it in China, like Jasmine tea. "What, just put the petals in hot water?" "Yes."

So, after midnight, when everyone was gone and the flowers would be wilted by morning, I cut one off and put all of its petals (and a bit of sugar) in a cup of hot water. It was good!



Oops--I put it in a Starbucks cup.

Comments

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! While eating my lunch on the porch, I counted the drooping flowers from last night. Hmmm. I thought there was supposed to be five. Now I know where the fifth one went. Glad you survived the experiment. Next time you do a trick like that, let me know so I can worry. :-)

1:34 PM, June 28, 2006