Saturday, April 16, 2011 : 10:45 PM

Where we planted geraniums

Each red dot represents where we planted a cutting. After my first pass at adding dots to the photo, I went with pen and paper to the slope to tally how many between curves (along the fence) and along the curves. I was stunned to discover that the count was more than double what I'd drawn. So, I added dots between the existing dots (a convenience for me compared to redrawing from scratch), a few dots short of reality. Man, what if all of these survive till next year and all bloom? That would be so cool.

See the upper right red dot? It's just beyond the wire fence. I was able to get one hand through a narrow gap, pound a hole and insert a cutting. Even if the rest get cut out, that one will remain beyond reach. :)

Comments

Blogger Bev said...

Hi John,

I haven't been to the "new" Svale bridge yet. I mean to, but, what's with the snakey sidewalk (or whatever it is)? I saw your skateboard movie, but guess I didn't think about it being all curvy. Perhaps just a design. I guess a benefit would be the added distance for one's walk, run, etc.

11:41 PM, April 16, 2011  
Blogger John said...

There were supposed to be two parallel paths, one for northbound, one for southbound. The crew in charge of the southbound path was drunk that day. So sad.

At the top and bottom are the blue handicap signs pointing to the curvier path. All other wheelchair access paths that I can think of have level spots every once in a while, which I assumed were resting spots of a sort. This path, however, is a continual slope. Further, there are handrails only on two or three of the eleven curves in that path. "I don't get it." But it's pretty to me and it's a variation and it's away from (well, most of) the bikers.

12:27 AM, April 17, 2011