Monday, April 12, 2010 : 12:36 AM

Rainwater

Look at all that water exiting the rain gutter and flowing out to the street. Look at all those porch plants that could use that nice nitrogen-laden rainwater.

I stuffed a rag into the top of the rain gutter exit, used these huge red clamps to hold some tubing in place in the now-filling gutter and, voila, I'm filling a garbage can that I've put onto a skateboard (so I can move it to the next porch plant) and I have a second siphon tube from there to the plants.

A neighbor stopped his car to pause and stare at the ladder and the bright red clamps on the light gray house. He called a bit later to joke that he thought I was doing some sort of electrical experiment.

I'm just glad to be accepted by the hippies in California.

Comments

Blogger DesertSageRat said...

Dude! You Rock! The oregon Eugenians would love you too! I put a gardening post on my blog. Feel free to read!

8:30 PM, April 18, 2010