Friday, August 21, 2009 : 11:10 PM

That time of year, revisited 2

That car radio. I thought I was done with it. All that work I've put into getting its time right, as I have previously documented...

There are just two more days before the Cash for Clunkers program ends. If I take in my car, they'll just squish it after destroying the engine. I dunno, maybe someone at the scrap yard parts it out and makes some money on the parts. That radio. I originally bought it for Mom's car, but that car's speakers turned out to be blown. The notion of scrapping that radio after all of these blog posts...

So, this evening after work, I got my tool box and pried up the dashboard and center deck and rear hatch panels and removed the radio and four speakers. My hope is that I can get this functional set to work in Mom's car.

If I don't trade my car in, I'll have a hole in the dash. Can't set the hole to noon.

Fortunately, my hobby will continue... resetting the county's sundials for Daylights Savings.

[Update Aug 23: looks like I missed my window of opportunity for the Cash for Clunkers program. I get to keep the hole.]