Friday, October 31, 2008 : 1:14 AM

That time of year, revisited

Letterman was on. I was flipping between him and Charlie Rose while doing some late night programming. The little time in the corner of the laptop screen was 12:29 am. Aha! I remembered the significance of the half hour! And what a luxury to have all of this time to prepare for the top of the hour...and correct my prior car clock reset attempt. I opened the hood and disconnected the battery cable and did the camera thing and went back inside.

I watched for the laptop clock to read 12:59:30 and then dashed out into the drizzle and cold wind, counting "29, 28, 27...".

I'm always a little tense messing with a battery cable. I steeled myself for the little spark/fizz sound that would happen when I connected the cable on "0". What I hadn't anticipated was the bright light that came on, right next to my face. That hood lamp. Hadn't noticed that in my daytime clock resets.

Two more days of clock confusion left till Daylight Savings Time.

Comments

Blogger David R. Darrow said...

"Sunnyvale man soils his pants when under-hood light comes on.

More at 11."

10:09 AM, February 17, 2009