Thursday, October 30, 2008 : 5:16 PM

That time of year but not that hour

For the last week, my car clock has confused me; I have put up with it being off by an hour and have been looking forward to this weekend when Daylight Savings Time would officially happen and my car clock time would end up being on time.

Mom and I were out on the road and she asked, "Which direction are we supposed to change the clock?" (with an upward tone that suggests "Are you sure?") I started into my confident explanation and then halted as I did the math in my head again while processing her saying, "spring forward fall back." Oh man... I had changed the time an hour in the wrong direction.

She started laughing and covered her nose and mouth with her hands as if to hide her delighted laughter from me. I laughed and shook my head. Note to self: watch for 12:50 pm or 12:50 am and try this again.